Tuesday, June 30, 2009

God makes all things new...

Wow; another long but wonderful day! As I was decompressing on my short jaunt home from Station 11 this evening, I was trying to gain greater perspective on today's events and was reminded that God makes all things new. That includes things you think you have figured and planned out but His plan is sovereign. Without going into too much detail and sharing too much information since no formal offer is in writing, possibly wonderful things for our family are happening with my job. Steven and I had thought we had a good thing worked out for when I return to work in December but it appears great things may just fall into our laps too. This was a blessing as today was Steven's last shift as a FF and at Station 11 with a wonderful crew that I know we will both miss dearly. All of us wifes took desserts to the station tonight and enjoyed fellowship together. What a blessing Lt. Darcy and AO Ryan have been along with Karen and Gail! As we prep for the change that Steven being an officer means as well as the culture shock of Rescue 3 (sleepless nights, different nature of "emergencies", etc.), its very nice to have the reassurance that God's wise plan is guiding our path.

No comments:

Post a Comment