Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pure bliss

A few weeks ago, the baby started to really stretch and move up and now it's just plain ol' lovin' the rib cage! Of course the bigger the baby gets, the bigger the belly gets and the more intense the rib pain. Days which are spent primarily at my desk or driving for work are the worst. I read anything I could get my hands on regarding relieving those aches and so have been doing prenatal yoga, walking more, enjoying warm baths, etc. Our birthing coach had a fabulous idea: ice packs! Yes, I'm a cruel cruel woman who actually lays ice packs on the top of my tummy since Baby dislikes the cold and moves down. But hands down the best remedy: water aerobics. I get to class, strap on my buoyancy belt and just kinda hang out in the deep water. As I'm getting a great workout in, Baby sleeps (or at least stops movin' and kickin') and settles lower and for 60 glorious minutes I get pure painless rib bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment