Friday, July 3, 2009

First Day

Hello Friends new guy here at 0200 hrs and I am obviously still awake. Been a great first day on Rescue 3 and the new crew. Our drill was cancelled this AM due to high heat this afternoon. Chiefs wanted us to remain rested and hydrated for the hot weather. Busy day, I had meetings with my Captain and Battalion Chief to cover expectations. Went on an EMS call, Car wreck, and had 2 fires. The first fire was in our "first due" so I was able to get the first command role out of the way...learned a lot, will do a lot better next time (not that I did bad, just missed some little things). 2nd fire was a bit away, we were last to arrive and got to do a search, then went to cover another station, then went back to the fire scene, now we're back in our own station and I'll be headed to the chair to sleep....no sense in making a bed for 4 hours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment