Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New Assignment

A continuation from my last post.....There is NO confirmation on the baby's gender. Aub and I go back and forth with which gender we think it is....fun games, one of the many fun things about not finding out....

I received word yesterday that I will be moving to Station 3 on "A" Shift (holiday shift). I will be assigned to Rescue 3 and Engine 3 with a shift of 5 people. The Officers and Firefighters switch each month between R3/E3. I will have lots of opportunities to run calls (mostly medical on R3) and gain valuable experience. On any fires in our "first due area" the Officer on R3 is usually the Incident Commander until relieve by the Battalion Chief. This will help develop my skills as an incident commander. Although the promotion came a year earlier than expected, we are excited, and I am ready for the challenge.

Thanks again for the love and support.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment