Monday, June 8, 2009

When life come at you fast......

You adjust and thank the Lord for the blessings in life. With that, here is what's going on. Owen is going ever so quickly and making his presence known more and more each day. He is kicking hard enough that we can see the belly move. Here we are with only 3 months left and seems like just yesterday we were finding out that we are prego.

It's amazing how plans work, which reminds of a line in a song that goes like this: "If you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans..." Well, since he knows our thoughts, I can hear him laughing right now. Our plan was that I would stay at my current station assignment until next March or July, Owen would be sleeping through the night and things would be calm at home just in time for a promotion. As it turns out, I got the call for a second interview with our Chiefs a week ago and today was the day. So, here we are 9 months ahead of our schedule and HR calls to inform me that I WILL BE PROMOTED to LIEUTENANT with my swearing in on June 29th!

Thank you to all that have supported and encouraged me through these years. Special thanks to Aubrey for putting up with the long days/nights, extra projects, countless hours of "thinking", and stressful months prepping for the tests and interviews. I can be normal again. Thanks Mom and Dad for teaching me about how to be compasionate towards people and to help them to achieve their goals. Thanks Mom and Dad Gold for time on the lakes, fishing is the only place where I can completely relax and clear my mind...

Steven

3 comments:

  1. Disclaimer: There has been NO confirmation that Baby is Owen. Nor has there been any attempt to identify gender. :) It's been a year of blessings! Steven, I couldn't be more proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very happy for you, congrats on the upcoming promotion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to You- it is such a great honor and you certainly have worked for it. I always enjoy the updates about the life of the "Saks".

    ReplyDelete