Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fat Pants & Prego Brain

So the mindless, forgetfulness has set in. I was really frustrated that too often my zipper was falling down even though I have this funny thing called belly band to help keep my unbuttoned pants up. Thank heavens my mom is so smart... did everyone know that pressing the zipper tab down helps lock the zipper in place?! :P That's not the worst of the prego brain but the only one I want to admit to. My friend Jaime made me feel better today when she told me about her friend who accidentally sprayed her head with Lysol in lieu of her hairspray and didn't realize it til she noticed her flat hair later that day.

I accepted it may be time for some maternity pants. My friend Jenny was happy to go shopping with me and she's always good comic relief which I was grateful for. It was kinda nice to not feel fat in the maternity pants ... then I put my pants back on and I'm amazed at how 2 lbs can morph my torso so oddly. Although we know it's a bump, its at that wonderful stage which most friends who don't know our news silently think, "Is she pregnant or is Aubrey just packing on a beer gut?" This was confirmed when I noticed a church/fire dist. friend giving me that "look" while talking to another friend of ours. Suddenly she got a huge smile on her face and waved at me... Yep, she had asked our other friend if I was pregnant so she didn't have to feel embarrassed asking in the event we weren't! HA!

4 comments:

  1. As a guy I am happy that I never have to actually experience that problem. That said I am sure more than one friend wanted to ask if I was pregnant, considering I carry that 7 month look around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing the tummy "bump" in 2 weeks. By the time I arrive for my visit you'll be comfortably wearing your materinty pants and past feeling like you should still be able to wear regular pants. Make room for baby! Love Gramma Gold

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just love to see you---you will have to post pictures of "you and bump""--you aren't really going to name the baby that are you? It is so much fun catching all of the day-to-day news from both you and malcolm.
    Love,

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK...so I am catching up on the Saka Saga...and YOU ARE HILLARIOUS!! Hugs to all and the baby bump :)

    ReplyDelete