Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And God's blessings continue...

This was a wonderful busy winter for us! We relaxed for a week in Cabo, enjoyed the holiday in MN with family, Steven took the fire district lieutenant exam (and ranked 3rd!) and we're of course already looking ahead to vacations, trips and house projects for this coming spring and summer. Alas, the DINK (dual income no kids) life will come to an end... mid September 2009. Yep, we're expecting!

Of course we're very excited. It's been fun telling friends and family as well as Steven's fire family too. I've been feeling great. Our due date is around Sept 16? 18? Something like that. No, we DO NOT plan to find out if it's a boy or girl. That's one of God's great surprises for life so we look forward to meeting our child this fall! We'll post our ultrasound pictures here shortly and the heartbeat recording (our midwifes are great to work with) as soon as we figure out how to convert and post that type of file.

6 comments:

  1. YEAH!! Congratulations! We are truly happy for you both and can't wait to meet the little one. Keep us updated on how you are feeling and if you have any cool food cravings like ... spaghetti o's. That is awesome, I just remember craving salt and more of my usual cravings like PIZZA.

    Oh and good call on the waiting to find out if it is a boy or girl, what an awesome surprise, we are so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you both and am sooooo happy for you!!! I hope you know that Autie Ruth will be spoiling this child more than you can imagine:) Aubs, I can't wait til you get big and soooo cute! How fun!!

    Aunt Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you both!! I am so glad you have started this blog. I love getting your updates, I am so blessed to have you in my life. Every time I hear from you it makes me wish I lived closer! :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations both of you. That is such exciting news! We are very happy for the two of you!
    Dave and Liza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhh-I can't express how full my heart is for you and your little one! Glad to hear you are feeling well and I too agree with being surprised on girl or boy. My love to you and give each other a big hug from me!--No I will not say anything to Grdpa and Lael---actually I read your "SHHHHH" email first and then had to find the real news! Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. CRAZY!!! Aub you've been on my mind and in my prayers so much these last few weeks and now I know why!! I am so excited for the two of you. You will be terrific parents! I can't wait to hear the updates on how the pregnancy is going. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete