Sunday, September 23, 2012

Kiss Me Dirty mud run

This Saturday, nine other crazy gals and I ran the first Kiss Me Dirty 5K mud obstacle fundraiser for gynecological cancer. My friend Kayla is a survivor and Nana Lael continues to battle against hers. Thank you to everybody that donated to this great cause! Funds raised went directly to Oregon Health Science University's Knight Cancer Institute here in Portland. I did not make my goal of $500 though I was pleased with $300.

The day dawned as a chilly fall day but by the time our wave left the starting point, it was a gorgeous 70 degrees. Obstacles included a tire pile and track, 30' slip'n'slide, 20' rope pyramid, a few panels to hurdle, belly crawl, tubes to hurdle, mud pits to climb up over and through and a water pit to crawl through.. and these were all in mud. My hands, elbows and knees are proof! Everybody on the team has already said they can't wait for next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment