Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Choosing a Yoke

What a busy week for us! Steven is on a double (and had a double last week too). I've prepped a handful of items to sell at a large kids resale event at the expo center. I start physical therapy for my hip. Abi and Zach moved into their new classrooms at Bright Minds Christian Day School and...on Friday Zach turns one!!!  Of course add on church events and work events and I am back to my standard stressed, worried about messy house, lack of meals planned, etc etc self.

But in the midst of this, God has been asking me to take his yoke. He says, "Come to me tired woman. My yoke is easy and burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30). When we have a almighty creator God who loves us beyond measure, why don't we take his yoke which he offers us? He desires for us to drop our burdens, our disappointments, our worries and fears at his feet as we worship Him. He wants to take those things from us and for us to take on his light yoke.

It's a choice. Tonight, I'm leaving my burden because it does me no good and prevents me from taking His yoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment