Thursday, September 10, 2009

An update and a lesson learned

I giggle that Steven's had late term nesting syndrome this week when in reality he's simply had time to tackle things that have not gotten done while he was working lots of overtime and trade shifts banking time for when Baby Sak arrives. We had an arborist drop the weeping birch in the front yard (a couple feet off and the damage would have been bad) but then Steven's cleaned up the entire tree. The tree guy will be back later to grind down the three stumps in the yard so we can have the 12 yards of top soil delivered and then get the backyard all reseeded for fall growth. Of course, it seemed like a rather inopportune time for a major flat to appear on Steven's truck but I couldn't help but be grateful: his tire was so bald the tire guys couldn't have patched it! So unfortunately, we had the unplanned expense of new truck tires but I'm very thankful this realization came while the truck was safely parked in the yard and not while Steven was driving down the freeway.

Amidst these activities, I'm now done working. Before you ask, here are the answers:
No the baby has not arrived. Yes, I'm still feeling good. Yes, I'm still very active. We walk every day, do yard work, eat spicy foods, etc etc. I continually remind myself how wonderful it is to have so many well wishes and friends thinking about us, but in the midst of it all, I'd gotten caught up in the the rush for Baby Sak to arrive and everyone's excitement. So, if you're a 60's music buff, you'll appreciate this reference but really, Pete Seeger stole it from the Lord's book: Ecclesiastes 3:1-2 "Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses. He sets the time for birth and the time for death, the time for planting and the time for pulling up..." Steven and I are firm in our decision not to schedule being induced as Baby and I are quite healthy and there is no medical need to do so. In the mean time, enjoy a moment of peace and calm, thank our gracious God for all the beauty that surrounds us and soak in the moment as you will never have this very moment to relish again. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, did someone need to vent?

    I am glad to hear all is well and that you have a bit of free to enjoy together with yardwork and other odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...or maybe those are just baby hormones showing through....either way still love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did need to vent. My phone was even annoying Steven today. LOL Thanks for the love regardless! :)

    ReplyDelete