Saturday, June 23, 2012

Minnesota

Steven was asked to be water rescue for the Wild Canyon Games this year. Our boat was used last year for the event, but this year he went to the Young Life ranch and participated. He really enjoyed the scenery and seemed to have had a great time. Since he was going there for 4 days and working, the kids and I flew home. Yep, found my big girl panties and took a flight with a 32 month old and an 8 month old. It went so incredibly well! Lessons learned: car seats purchased for the great crash test ratings do NOT fit into FAA seats. It was such a great great trip!!! Malcolm, Christine, Michaela and Danielle were able to be with us at Mom & Dad's the whole week which was just awesome because the kids are now old enough that they just play play play. It was wonderful for the girls to be building such great relationships. While we were home, Zach learned to crawl. And has not stopped since! (Another post to follow on him). The trip included lots more biking than we'd done in a long time thanks to tag-alongs and Mom & Dad having the double stroller/bike trailer, a trip to Itasca and the girls swimming in the head waters as well as lots of time with aunties, uncles, cousins and all the grandparents.
I realize how blessed I am to know all of my grandparents and how lucky that my kids are to be getting to know them as well. I'm also grateful that we arrive in Minnesota with a bag of clothes and all the kid gear we need is there! Makes traveling so much easier. Check out Malcolm & Christine's post on the visit. In my focus to prep everything for a smooth trip for the kids... I forgot my camera. (Seriously?!?!) My few shots were taken with my phone which actually did ok, but it wasn't the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment