Saturday, January 21, 2012

Romp to Stomp 2012

Despite a few feet of new snow on both Mt. Hood and Mt. Bachelor, my friend Alicia and I braved the mountain passes to participate in Tubbs Romp to Stomp out Breast Cancer Snowshoe Series Oregon.  Alicia and I headed over Friday night and enjoyed a quiet night at Sunriver Resort before driving up Bachelor this morning. The strong wind added to the new snow and created some awesome white out conditions on the roads but once we got on the snowshoe trail and dropped into the trees, it was absolutely gorgeous. And although I drove on the way over to central Oregon and up and down Bachelor, Alicia took the helm and drove her own 4WD vehicle back over Mt. Hood. For someone who isn't confident in snowy conditions, she did great and I was excited to be able to support her in that adventure.

Thank you to everybody who supported this awesome event! I raised $475 dollar this year! The plan is to have an entire team participate next year! Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. You two look like you are really sisters...all bundled up. Glad you had such a wonderful time! Love Ya,

    ReplyDelete