Thursday, October 27, 2011

Taking a Breather

As I take a minute to sit and relax, I remind myself that even if I was picking up the house instead, it would still need to be picked up again tomorrow. :) Yes, we've learned that life with 2 children is a bit more hectic than 1. I'm incredibly grateful that Steven has taken so much time off and we're easing into our routine with lots of tag teaming the kids while we're both home. Zach is growing like a weed; he topped the scales at 11 lb 13 oz. today at the doctor's office and they were very pleased with his growth. He's got a nasty case of baby acne, a stable dose of cradle cap and we're now treating his budding case of oral thrush. Abi is as busy as an anthill. In the past 2 weeks, she's discovered she can open the front door and turn on the bathtub (and the shower).


It hardly seems I've been off work on maternity leave as we've stayed very busy and are enjoying every day. Mom was hear for just shy of two weeks. During that time we attended Women of Faith along with Steven's mom Annie and my friends Jenny, Nichole and Karen. An amazing conference for those who've never attended!! We visited the zoo, went on walks, tackled some of my flowerbed "remodel" and all kinds of stuff.  The entire household was hit with a nasty cold though Steven seems to have faired the best.  Abi got a haircut as well and wow does she look older! Here's a pic of each of the kids: Zach @ 6 wks and Abi in her Halloween pumpkin outfit as today was costume day at dayschool.

1 comment:

  1. Very Cute! What fun memories with Gramma Cindy and all of the activities. I can't wait to see all of you and am so happy that you will be coming "home" sooner than thought. I hear more and more that as your family grows, picking up and cleaning don't always seem as important as they once were! Take Care- travel safe and love to all.

    ReplyDelete