Sunday, July 25, 2010

Just ask...

This morning's sermon was given by Bridgetown Ministries Pastor Marshall Snider. As usual, I walked away reminded about how great God is and how He fills us for His glory alone. Marshall talked about asking God what's holding us from eternity (Mark 10:17-25) and took the story of the wealthy man beyond just monetary love. We're very sad to have had our last Sunday with our new (now past) worship Pastor Matt Cain. Matt shared about asking God to give you the opportunity to witness through love and demonstration and shared a moving experience he had this past week. After racing to get a tired girl down for a nap, pack up the car for my company picnic, get there (late) and then head home after wards with the list of what I needed to get done for the week tonight, I was wondering when I'd have a couple of quiet minutes to ask God about things and (quietly) wait upon His answer. On that note, Abi has gotten very active, loud and is just enjoying exploring her work. We have a small play structure which she was playing around today while I watered the flowers in the front yard and when I turned around, I saw that she had figured out how to crawl UP the slide. It was a WONDERFUL afternoon home with her and I'm grateful that Steven and I's marriage has been blessed by her. After dinner, I stripped Abi down since it was still over 80 degrees and let her splash in her little pool. Amidst her crazy splashing, drinking the water and going under (5 times of which all she coughed a bit and just went on splashing) the humming birds were zipping all around us. The lucifer plant is in full bloom and they really enjoy it. As Abi splash over next to me, I said Abi, "Look at the bird." Abi stopped splashing, quieted and looked up, the bird ate and then perched on a branch and just looked at us. For a solid 30 seconds (eternity with a near toddler), we just sat there quietly and watched the bird. Then Abi said, "Ugh?!" and the flying water commenced. Wow can God work fast in 30 seconds...

No comments:

Post a Comment