Monday, May 17, 2010

Walking buddies (pseudo commercial)

SDAO is going to have a Portland to Coast relay team again this August! Since I WON'T be 9 months pregnant, I'm excited to be on the team! But in getting assigned my legs of the relay, I realize I'm not quite in shape to do each of my 5.5mi+ legs (one of which is all up hill) at a very brisk pace. So each night if the weather is cooperating and there isn't a ton on the "to do" list, Abi and I hit the pavement (Buster in tow most of the time too). I had no idea that when my Mom insisted that we get a Bob stroller, that I would completely agree that it is the ONLY way to go for a stroller!! We're excited to be going to San Diego as a family in a few weeks and I was absolutely ecstatic to read that the airline we're flying will allow us to check in both a carseat AND our favorite stroller (gate check) w/out any charges. We've gotten rather spoiled so the thought of renting something other than a Bob for San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park wasn't exactly appealing. Here's a pic of Abi chillin' in her Bob this Sunday evening: She's quite the ham and smiled for the picture on cue, but was snoozing within 100 yards.

2 comments:

  1. Dang, I think it has been two months since I called, I didn't know you were off to San Diego. Sounds like fun!! We've never used a Bob. Are they really that good, even for people that walk at a 1 mph pace going downhill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot this in the first comment, Abi is quite the ham. I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete