Thursday, April 29, 2010

Family recipe

Grandma Schmidt made great German potato salad. And Grandma Betty's been able to write down the recipe...

Inspired by my parents' dinner group, we've gotten a small group of friends together and we'll be having our second evening of food and themed drinks. Our first night in February was cheese and wine. Tomorrow night, we'll have sausages and beer (German). In keeping with that theme, Grandma Betty sent me Grandma Schmidt's recipe. Not sure if I copied it wrong or how I ended up so off, but I had to triple the liquids. Oh well... With a few adjustments it tastes good! Thanks Gram! The real test will be tomorrow night when everybody gets to try it.

1 comment:

  1. You've only joined the club, mom and I can both follow the same recipe for German potato salad and they will both be different....you are in good company! Hope it was a success for your guests! I thought of you today at Liza's shower and am so anxious to see all of you! Love you bunches....Steph
    P.S.--- Such a sweet couple of tulips the two of you make!

    ReplyDelete